1. Almost all of what seems important at any given moment will not matter 5 years, 5 months, 5 days or sometimes even 5 minutes from now.
2. This is 99% of life. Attach no ego or energy to these things.
3. When you are not able to do this--which will happen often--forgive yourself and move on.
4. Meanwhile, there's that 1% that does matter today, tomorrow, 5 years from now, for as long as you live.
5. Figure out what that 1% is for you. This is your passion, your calling.
6. Recognize that what most matters to you will clash with with what most matters to others.
7. Conflict is inevitable.
8. Hold your ground.
9. But do it gracefully.
10. Because humility and conviction will carry the day.